Monday, May 21, 2007

All Good Things...

Well, he's gone. Samuel and Aleatha just left to return the long road to Utah, while I remain here in Virginia to work at a Pizza place in preparation to going to Oxford. I am very sad. I am going to miss my brother. In some ways this is even sadder than when he went on his mission. I knew then when I would see him again, something I am not sure of this time. It may only be a year or two, or may be several years. I simply do not know. I understand that this is an important part of growing older—moving on, and all that jazz. It just makes me sad. I know I keep saying that, but I do not know any other way to express this emotion. I'm sure that I will soon be caught in the wonderful prospects of my future, but for now, I'm going to miss my brother.

2 comments:

Thora said...

I never realized how much I would miss my sisters until I came out to Virginia; it seems like being an adult is made up of a lot of good byes.

Barbara said...

Hey, Avram and Thora, I feel the same way about you being gone. Somehow we want to be able to hold onto the past and carry it into our future.